Thank you for your interest in the Ralston Arena
We accept applications and resumes for posted positions only. All interested applicants must complete a Spectra Application of Employment. Applicants may submit resumes as well; however, resumes alone will not be accepted.
All applications (unless job description lists another way to submit applications) must be received by Ralston Arena, 7300 Q Street, Ralston, NE 68127 by job close (if job close date is listed in position description).
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PART-TIME HOCKEY COORDINATOR
The Hockey Coordinator will oversee the nightly hockey events at Ralston Arena during the week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Oversee the nightly hockey events at Ralston Arena
- Assign locker rooms
- Direct coaches, players, and spectators
- Answer questions
- Take payments for ice rentals as needed
- Keep patrons out of restricted areas of the venue
- Coordinate times, ice cleans, special needs/requests with the Zamboni Driver
- Lock up building at the end of each night
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with hockey, sports teams, and/or events
- Ability to interact with the public with people of all ages
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated and excellent organizational skills
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work evenings/nights, as well as some weekends and holidays
- Knowledge/experience driving Zamboni preferred but not required
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, employee in this role will oversee hockey groups/fans that use Ralston Arena on a nightly basis. Employee will organize and direct patrons to the correct rink and/or locker rooms as well as being responsible for assuring safety and a good experience for all patrons. This requires directing others both verbally and/or in writing, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts and openly communicating with patrons (coaches, players, parents, spectators).
While performing duties of this job, the employee occasionally lifts and moves facility equipment such as tables, chairs, and/or stanchions. Frequently move about inside various areas of the large facility before/during/after events to interact assure safety and good customer service. Employee will occasionally operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines and printers.
The duties of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation. The work environment is consistently cool (cold) when ice rink is in place seasonally.
Email resumes to Curtis Ray, Events Director.
This job description is subject to change.
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace.