Are cameras and recording devices allowed in the arena?
- For most events, at the request of the artists and/or leagues, small point & shoot cameras are allowed. Professional cameras (specifically cameras with detachable lenses and flash) are not permitted. The Ralston Arena reserves the right to examine and prohibit the use of any camera that conflicts with the policy set by the event.
- Audio recorders, video recorders and digital cameras with video capabilities are prohibited during all events.
- Please check the event detail page for the camera policy for your specific event.
Can we bring in our own food for a meeting or an event?
- Ralston Arena Catering will meet your food & beverage service needs whether you are planning a business lunch, corporate event, formal dinner, private party or any other social affair.
- Ralston Arena Catering offers a diverse menu to satisfy any occasion or our Executive Chef can customize a menu for you.
- No outside food or beverage may be brought into the arena.
Can we bring cell phones inside the venue?
Cellular phones are permitted provided their use does not prevent other guests from enjoying the event. The use of camera and video features may be restricted if requested by the event.
Is there an emergency evacuation plan?
- In the event of an emergency, please remain calm and WALK to the nearest exit in an orderly fashion. Follow posted signs and listen to announcements for specific instructions. In some circumstances you will be directed to remain in the building and staff will direct you where to go. Please do not use elevator. If you are disabled, trained staff members will assist you in getting to safety.
- For your safety, the Ralston Arena has professionally trained emergency personnel on site. The First Aid Station is located on the main concourse across from Section 117. In the event of an emergency, please go to the first available officer or staff member for assistance.
Where is lost and found located?
- During an event, you may inquire about lost or found items at any Guest Services location. For inquiries following an event, please call (402) 934-9966 during normal business hours.
- Lost children should be escorted to the nearest officer or staff member. The lost child will be assisted at a Guest Services location. In the event that you become separated from your child or a member of your party, you will also want to contact the nearest officer or staff member.
Do you have a clear bag policy?
Yes, the arena has a Clear Bag Policy for all ticketed events. Ralston Arena strictly limits the size and types of bags permitted inside the arena. Ralston Arena strongly encourages fans to travel light.
The Clear Bag Policy states that the following are permitted inside the Ralston Arena for events:
- Clear plastic bags measuring 12 inches tall by 12 inches long and 6 inches wide
- Small clutch sized purses or wallets 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches wide or smaller
- One-gallon, clear plastic zip lock bags can take the place of a clear plastic bag
- Only one bag allowed per ticket holder
- Bags are still subject to search
- No large purses, bags, backpacks, fanny backs or diaper bags will be allowed
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection
There are no storage areas available in the arena to store or safeguard any prohibited bag. If you bring an unauthorized bag, you will be allowed to return the bag to your vehicle before entering the arena. The arena is not responsible for items left in your vehicle.
What items are prohibited?
- Purse, Fanny Pack or Backpacks
- Oversized Clear Bags
- Any type of weapon, including a fake weapon or an object resembling a weapon. No firearms, handguns, rifles, knives, razors, brass knuckles, swords, chains, pocketknives and any other items deemed unsafe by security.
- Signs, banners, promotional material not approved in advance by arena
- No outside food or drink
- Absolutely no Drugs or Illegal Substances
- No smoking inside the arena, this includes Vaporizing Pens and E-cigs
- Professional Cameras, Tripods and Selfie Sticks
- Audio Recording and Video Recording devices
- Teasers, Laser Pointers and Glow Sticks
- No pepper spray or mace
- Noise makers (bells, whistles, air horns, etc.)
- Animals (except for service animals)
Please allow appropriate time and travel light as all guests will go through security prior to entering the arena.
After you have entered the area, can you leave and come back in?
- For your safety, once a person exits the Ralston Arena, re-entry is strictly prohibited
Where can you smoke at the arena?
- In accordance with Ralston City ordinances, smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted in all public areas at the Ralston Arena including the arena and concourse. A designated outdoor smoking area is located at Southwest corner, behind Sections 106 and 107.
What forms of payment does the arena accept?
- The Ralston Arena Box Office accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. No checks are accepted. To purchase tickets online or by phone, you must use a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
What age does my child have to be to require a ticket?
- Most events do not require a ticket for children under the age of two. However, in order for a child to have his/her own seat, a ticket is required. Some shows intended for young children (i.e., Paw Patrol) require children over the age of one to have a ticket. To inquire about specific events, please call (800) 440-3741.
What is the cancellation, refund and lost ticket policy?
- Cancellations: In the event of a cancellation, tickets may be returned to your point of purchase for a refund. If tickets were ordered by phone or online, a refund will be applied to the credit card used to purchase the tickets. In accordance with industry standards, convenience fees will not be refunded at any time for any reason.
- Lost Tickets: Any lost or stolen ticket can be reprinted at the Box Office. The person who ordered the tickets along with the proper credit card and photo I.D will be required.
- Ticket Refunds: There are no refunds or exchanges on all tickets. Customers can upgrade tickets for events when possible; however this is not a guaranteed policy and is done at the sole discretion of the event promoter.
How do you reserve a suite for an event?
Luxury Suites can only be purchased through our Premium Seating Department. You can email or call 402.934.6263 for event availability.